Saturday, August 1, 2009

Tendons, who needs 'em?!

Well it is Saturday. Was going to go out but this knee is really restricting my ability to walk and all that, so I'm staying in to start this blog and a twitter! :)

Watched Slumdog Millionaire this morning. Saw it ages ago but only watched half of it back then. Really liked the story though. The bloke who played Jamal did a great job as well, very different to his role in Skins. I've often wondered about how places like the ones in Slumdog came about. Who builds 'em? Does the government just go "ok we're looking a bit rich, better get some slums in" then another bloke goes "I'll go get the corrugated iron!" I just don't know how they came about. I don't think you could fix poverty in a place like that, nobody has bank accounts for a start! I've been wondering about that, in Australia homeless people can't vote or get the doll. I wonder if they are allowed to break the law without punishment? If they aren't voting or paying tax surely they can spit at cops and they'll just have to walk it off like those blokes in hats in london who aren't allowed to smile.

I also didn't understand that bollywood style dance number in the credits it was really confusing. If anyone wants to explain to me why bollywood movies end like that please email me asap! I'm intrigued.

Oh I wish my knee would hurry up and heal then leave me alone, I want to go running again. People always say exercise is addictive and I was like, nah talking shit (I hated school sport, just wasn't much fun) but now I've realised from gym and going for jogs you do get a tad addicted.

As I discussed with a few mates this week, I seriously think humans don't need legs anymore. We've invented the wheelchair, the wheelchair ramp and the electric wheelchair, we just don't need legs anymore. They get caught in things like wood chippers, they get all knocked about and painful, they're a hindrance, get rid of 'em! The mermaids had the right idea, in Harry Potter them ones in the lake looked pretty happy without legs, they didn't even have jobs or nothin! Not having legs created an underwater Utopia in that case. Even if we can't evolve some flippers, fawn legs like that Tumnus bloke in narnia would be pretty bad-ass.

In hindsight I should have waited until my day was over to write this blog as I plan to write one each day and I'm sure it is wise to wait until the day is over, so that I actually have something remotely interesting to talk about. Hopefully as the days go on it will become less diary like and I will be more confident pondering things and discussing this and that.

Until next time, please start a Twitter, play FarmVille and download plenty of great music by Camera Obscura.

No comments:

Post a Comment